Our Garden Centres have now reopened and we are operating with some new measures in place to keep our staff and customers safe.
Having now been open for over a month, we have fine-tuned our operating procedures and our new policy is as follows:
– A limited number of customers may enter the Garden Centre at any one time to help with physical distancing. We have set an initial limit (as advised by the Government guidelines) of 75 Customers within the Garden Centre at Christchurch, with 45 at Broomhill and Abbey.
– Each customer is required to take a trolley to shop with. This allows us to control the number of people in the centre at once. Our staff will sanitise each trolley after use before it is handed over to a new customer. (This means if you are shopping as a couple you will need to take a trolley each).
– We prefer one child with an adult per trolley.
– Dogs are not permitted in the Garden Centres at this time (except assistance dogs).
– We have been undertaking extra cleaning of public areas, trolley handles, surfaces and chip & pin machines, and we have hand sanitiser points at the entrance and dotted around the centres that you are encouraged to make use of.
– The Christchurch Coffee Shop is now operating a Click & Collect and a takeaway service at Stewarts Christchurch Garden Centre only. We hope to roll this out at Broomhill and Abbey Garden Centres in the coming weeks.
We expect everyone to abide by the physical distancing guidelines we have set out and to listen to the advice of our staff when necessary. We are all in this together and our staff deserve respect while they are at work during this difficult time.
Thank you for taking the time to read our guidelines, we hope to see you when you feel confident about coming to see us.
Best wishes and thank you for your understanding,