Our Garden Centres have now reopened and we are operating with some new measures in place to keep our staff and customers safe.
We are constantly fine-tuning our operating procedures and our current policy is as follows:
– A limited number of customers may enter the Garden Centre at any one time to help with physical distancing. We have set an initial limit (as advised by the Government guidelines) of 150 Customers within the Garden Centre at Stewarts Christchurch, with 90 at our Broomhill and Abbey Garden Centres.
– Each customer is required to take a trolley to shop with, with a maximum of two people per trolley. A trolley sanitisation station has been set up at each entrance so you can sanitise the trolley before you shop.
– We prefer one child with an adult per trolley.
– In line with government guidelines we are asking all our visitors to wear face coverings. Only those with designated and proven medical conditions will be allowed to enter our Garden Centres without one. Exemption card templates can be downloaded free from the government website here.
– Dogs are not permitted in the Garden Centres (except assistance dogs).
– We have been undertaking extra cleaning of public areas, trolley handles, surfaces and chip & pin machines, and we have hand sanitiser points at the entrance and dotted around the centres that you are encouraged to make use of.
– The Coffee Shops are now open with a limited menu and reduced capacity, as well as new table service procedures in place which will be explained to you when you arrive. You can view the menu here.
– The Christchurch Coffee Shop is now operating a Click & Collect and a takeaway service in additional to on site dining. We hope to roll this out at Broomhill and Abbey Garden Centres in the coming weeks.
Please help us make our premises feel safe for those nervous about venturing out and help us remain open by avoiding a second spike. Please do not give our people grief, they are just doing what we have asked of them. Let’s play our part in getting rid of this virus once and for all.
We expect everyone to abide by the physical distancing guidelines we have set out and to listen to the advice of our staff. We are all in this together and our staff deserve respect while they are at work during this difficult time.
Thank you for taking the time to read our guidelines, we hope to see you when you feel confident about coming to see us.
Best wishes and thank you for your understanding,